St. Gertrude's Parish is located in East Oshawa north of the 401 just west of Harmony Road South. and not far from Townline Road which divides Oshawa and Clarington to the east.
St. Gertrude parish was the third parish in Oshawa after the parishes of St. Gregory the Great and Holy Cross had long and well served the needs of Catholics in Oshawa. St. Gregory's, established in 1847, had been for nearly a century the only parish in the growing city. The year 1939 had witnessed the founding of Holy Cross Parish.
St. Gertrude was established to serve the Catholics of east Oshawa. The church is located on King Street East and bound on the north by Bond Street East. The Knights of Columbus Park and the Harmony Creek Trail are located just south of the church.
St. Gertrude's Parish is located between the two east-west main roads of Oshawa, King Street East and Bond Street East in the eastern part of Oshawa just west of Townline Road which separates Oshawa and Clarington.
Region EAST | Zone 11 - Durham